Fudgy, rich and delicious these Copycat Cosmic Brownies are every kid and adults dream. A favorite childhood snack that you can make in no time!
Brownies are a weakness of mine. I’ve always been one to stray towards chocolate desserts over anything else and these Cosmic Brownies are just the thing I need to get my chocolate fix in.
There are so many different brownie recipes out there, you cannot deny that. I am a fudge brownie person, the chewier the better. I honestly hate cake like textured brownies.
Now that is my own personal preference, if I want something chocolate that has a cake like texture, then I will have myself a slice of chocolate cake, amiright?
These Little Debbie Cosmic Brownies are a childhood favorite that I like to snack on to this day. But we make them homemade more than we buy them from the store.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Brown sugar
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
- Heavy cream
- Milk chocolate chips
- Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Rainbow candy coated mini chocolate chips
These Cosmic Brownies bake up so nice and fudgy that they will be come your new favorite go-to brownie recipe. I mean seriously, they are just so rich and tasty that you cant go wrong with whipping up a batch of these favorites.
If you love ganache like I do, then this recipe is really for you. This ganache sets up nice and firm but with a little creaminess behind each bite.
Top them with rainbow candy coated mini chocolate chips. Now if you have a hard time finding these, we found them at Walmart in the baking section.
If all else fails you can use rainbow sprinkles as well. We have done it and they still taste amazing, although not “authentic” looking as the traditional cosmic brownie look.
Like I said I’m a sucker for chocolate desserts, literally gimme all the chocolate above anything else.
Some of my favorite chocolate desserts include:
HOW TO MAKE COSMIC BROWNIES:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray a 9″x13″ bar pan or cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In bowl of stand mixer beat together your butter, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add in your eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- In medium sized bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt until combined.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk into mixer until just combined.
- Spread your brownie batter into prepared pan and bake in oven for about 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cool completely.
- Once cooled to make your ganache add your chocolate chips to a medium sized bowl.
- Heat your heavy cream in microwave for about 1 minute until just bubbling then pour over chocolate chips and let sit for about 5-7 minutes.
- Whisk chocolate and cream mixture until smooth and then pour over cooled brownies then sprinkle with candy coated chips.
- Let sit for about 30 minutes for the ganache to set up.
This recipe is really simple, calls for ingredients that are naturally in a bakers pantry and the kids love them. Heck, I’m 31 and I cant get enough of them!
I highly encourage making these at home and packaging them up to send with your kids as a snack to school instead of purchasing the ones from the store.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Do not over bake your brownies or they will dry out, when in doubt pull them out slightly early.
- You can use all milk chocolate chips or all semi-sweet chocolate chips for the ganache.
- To chill ganache faster put in refrigerator.
- No time to make ganache? Use a can of fudge frosting, tastes amazing on these cosmic brownies!
So if you are looking for that favorite brownie, or even just a brownie base where you can create off of then this Cosmic Brownie recipe is just what you need!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Serving Size: 1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 442 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 236mg Carbohydrates: 56g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 39g Protein: 5g