Soft, moist and delicious these Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies are quick, easy, have minimal ingredients and make a bunch! Perfect for any cookie lover in your life.
I’ve always been a fan of Butter Cookies, we started making them many years ago and have decided that they are absolutely the best. We are cookie lovers by nature, just check out our Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies and our Peanut Butter Cookies. Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies are quick and easy, start with a cake mix and are literally melt in your mouth soft. They are one of those cookies that you just absolutely cannot resist as hard as you try!
GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES:
- Funfetti Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Extra sprinkles
HOW TO MAKE GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In large bowl beat together butter, cream cheese, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in cake mix and beat until just combined.
- Add your powdered sugar to a bowl, set aside.
- Using a small cookie scoop (about 1.5 Tbs) roll into balls and then roll into powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 11 minutes until bottoms are just slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
WHAT KIND OF CAKE MIX CAN I USE?
For Gooey Butter Cookies, the sky is the limit for cake mix options. You can use many varieties such as chocolate, yellow, white, strawberry or anything. The end result for these cookies will be the same, gooey, buttery and literally perfect. So have fun and try new and different mixes. Funfetti was something we have on hand any kids love it.
CAN YOU MAKE GOOEY BUTTER COOKIES FROM SCRATCH?
You absolutely can. Here is a great tutorial on how to make the base for a dry cake mix. Make the mix with just the dry ingredients and then add them to your cream cheese mixture. It should produce the same result as if you were using a regular cake mix recipe.
These Funfetti Gooey Butter Cookies are a fun and tasty treat the everyone enjoys! Not just kids, although with the sprinkles these have become a favorite among the littles. It is also a great recipe to have the kids help you make. It’s a little messy, which you can minimize by chilling your dough for about 30 minutes, but we like to make them right after mixing.
- 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 box funfetti cake mix
- 1/2 cup rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In bowl beat together your cream cheese, butter, egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Add in your cake mix and sprinkles and beat until just combined.
- Add your powdered sugar to a bowl and set aside.
- Using a cookie scoop (about 1.5 Tbs) roll your batter into balls and then roll in powdered sugar.
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 11 minutes until bottoms are just slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
PIN IT FOR LATER!