Love citrus and breakfast? Then this Lemon Baked Donut recipe is just what you need, quick, easy and delicious there won’t be a donut left!
So I’ve been know to be the donut lady around here. I used to always always always make batches of donuts. I had so much fun creating different flavors.
It’s actually been quite a while since I whipped up a batch of donuts that I thought that it was about time that I finally made some.
Since Spring is right around the corner lemon was the one thing that came to mind. When I think spring, I think all thing lemon, I mean all the things.
Some of my favorite lemon desserts include:
Donuts are one of the easiest breakfast/desserts that you can make! They are one of the things that my kids request most often as they whip up in 10 minutes and the flavors are endless.
These Lemon Baked Donuts are super flavorful, not only do you have a lemon donut, you also have a lemon glaze, but trust me when I say it’s not overwhelming.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED:
- Baking powder
- Sour cream
- Lemon juice & zest
- Powdered sugar
A donut pan was one of the single best investments, it is super cheap and the possibilities of making different types of baked donuts are endless.
I used to always borrow my moms, then I bought a donut pan, but realized it really wasn’t the standard donut sized one and just didn’t work properly.
Honestly, I still have my moms, because I love it and she keeps asking if I gave it back to her…sorry mom if you’re reading this, I still have your donut pan.
I mean once you find something you like, you kinda just want to keep using it. In this case it is this particular donut pan.
Anyways, enough ramblings lets get onto more about this lemon baked donut recipe. Do you say donuts or doughnuts? I’ve always been a donut girl.
I mean whichever way you spell it, they all end in one result, deliciousness.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON BAKED DONUTS:
Pre-heat oven to 400.
In bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
Add eggs, sour cream, milk, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and stir everything until just combined.
Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Spoon or pipe your batter into wells of donut pan.
Place in oven and cook for about 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
Remove from oven and let cool in pan for a few minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients in bowl,
Once donuts are cool dip tops of each donut into glaze then sprinkle with yellow decorators sugar if desired.
Usually when we make donuts we make a batch of 6, but we decided to do a double batch with this recipe. I mean I love lemon so I couldn’t not make more.
These Lemon Donuts are the perfect answer to everything, Donuts are life and are great for any time of the day, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.
I’m more of a breakfast donut person, but I don’t discriminate at all.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Placing batter in piping bag and cutting the tip off and piping into donut pan works wonders, we highly recommend doing this over spooning batter into wells.
- If you want more of a lemon flavor, replace the vanilla in the recipe with lemon extract.
- Do not over-bake these donuts, they will get hard and will be dry.
- This recipe is easily halved or even doubled for larger crowds, we make tons at a time.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Lemon Baked Donut Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 Tbs milk
- 2 Tbs butter melted
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- Yellow decorators sugar optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400.
- In bowl, add all dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add eggs, sour cream, milk, butter, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla and stir everything until just combined.
- Spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spoon or pipe into your batter into wells of donut pan.
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until donuts spring back when touched.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pan a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile mix together your glaze ingredients.
- Once donuts are cool dip tops of each donut into glaze and sprinkle with yellow decorators sugar if desired.
PIN IT FOR LATER!