Deceptively easy and notoriously delicious this Monkey Bread is made from simple ingredients and whips up so quickly. Feeds a crowd and everyones favorite breakfast recipe.
Monkey bread has always been apart of my life for one simple reason, it’s super easy to make. A Fun, fast breakfast that everyone loves it!
Now you can go about making homemade bread dough for this, but we just don’t have time for that in our house. We like the quick and easy recipes that are simple to make.
When I say this Monkey Bread is simple to make, trust me, it is almost fool proof. The only issue you may come about is trying to get it out of the pan, but we have a solution for that.
WHY THIS RECIPE WORKS:
- With only 5 ingredients it’s a breeze to whip together.
- From start to finish this recipe is ready in under 1 hour.
- It feeds a whole family and then some! Perfect for breakfast or dessert!
My mom always made caramel rolls and cinnamon rolls growing up, and she liked to go easy a lot of the time and make a bigger more elaborate thing and that was known as Monkey Bread,
Now when I was younger elaborate might have been the operative word, but now realize its not so elaborate and that’s ok. Its addicting and simple.
HOW TO MAKE MONKEY BREAD, STEP BY STEP:
- In a small bowl whisk together your cinnamon and sugar and cut your biscuits into fourths and place both in gallon sized ziploc bag.
- Shake your bag until all biscuit pieces are coated.
- Grease a bundt pan and place your biscuits on top of one another in it. Meanwhile in sauce pan melt together you butter and brown sugar until it just starts to boil, remove from heat and pour over your biscuit pieces.
- Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes until golden then flip over onto serving plate and enjoy!
Say what?!?! Only 5 ingredients? Oh yes, minimal ingredients don’t mean that is lacking in flavor, because minimal ingredients with flavor can really pack a punch, especially for breakfast!
That is exactly what this Monkey Bread Recipe does, it packs a punch with every single bite you take, and you will be taking many many bites.
I love how it is technically a pull apart bread, and thats what makes it so fun. My kids love that you can just grab little pieces here and there and enjoy at your leisure.
HOW TO STORE:
Your best bet to store this Monkey Bread is at room temperature if you plan on eating it within a few days. If you can place into a plastic ziptop bag is best.
If you can’t fit it into a ziptop bag then you can wrap it in plastic wrap and store it that way. If you were to refrigerate the caramel sauce would harden it would be harder to eat.
This is the perfect recipe you want to get your kids in the kitchen baking with you this is one of the perfect starter recipes!
This is one that we love making together because it is super easy, there are minimal steps and ingredients which is what we love in this household.
The kids love chopping and shaking the bags, you can find child proof knives that will make it safer for them to help as well.
This simple recipe will really get the family going. They will keep asking for this over and over and over again. At least mine does, Saturday rolls around and I always have one kid asking me to make monkey bread, I’ll always say yes.
The good thing is that we usually have all these ingredients on hand, so it’s not really an issue whipping it up at the last minute!
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- For a more gooey recipe one and a half the sauce ingredients.
- If you are worried about your bread sticking to the pan, use some of this miracle pan release, works magic.
- For a little contrast, chop up some cream cheese and dollop it in when you place your biscuits in.
- Make a cinnamon roll glaze and drizzle over the top for a new fun flavor.
- Add 1 cup of nuts in with the mixture, sprinkle on bottom of pan as well as in with your biscuits.
So if you are wanting a fun and easy breakfast recipe, this Monkey Bread is the way to go. A classically simple breakfast dish, it never disappoints.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
If you’ve tried this MONKEY BREAD or any other recipe on my site, let me know in the comment section how it turned out, we love hearing from our readers! You can also follow along with me on PINTEREST, FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM to see more amazing recipes and what shenanigans I’m getting into!
- 2 16 oz cans refrigerated biscuits
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Spray a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cut your biscuits into fourths and place in gallon sized ziploc bag.
- In small bowl stir together your cinnamon and sugar and pour over biscuits in bag, shake to coat.
- Place biscuit pieces stacked in bundt pan.
- Meanwhile in sauce pan melt together you butter and brown sugar until it just starts to boil, remove from heat and pour over your biscuit pieces.
- Bake in oven for about 30-35 minutes until golden.
- Let sit in pan for a few minutes to cool then flip over onto serving tray and remove bundt pan.
- Serve and enjoy.