Breakfast is an essential part of the day and with these One Hour Cinnamon Rolls you literally cant go wrong. Full of flavor, they are everyones favorite breakfast.
Cinnamon Rolls are something that we go to for comfort. We absolutely adore cinnamon rolls, caramel rolls, orange rolls, pretty much anything that has the name rolls in the name, we love it.
The best thing about these One Hour Cinnamon Rolls is that it is just that, one hour. One hour from start to finish and you have yourself one of the most delicious breakfasts ever.
Now I’m a supper picky person when it comes to breakfast, usually I’m more of a breakfast for dinner type of person, but I can never ever turn down a cinnamon roll.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED FOR DOUGH:
Now this recipe makes a smaller batch, usually you’ll make a 9″x13″ pan but we like to make a 9″x9″ with these ones. It is the perfect amount for my family to ensure there are no leftovers.
I mean even if we made a larger batch we probably wouldn’t have any leftovers anyways, but I mean just in case, I believe Cinnamon Rolls are always best eaten fresh.
We do a little something different with the filling in this recipe, instead of the normal rubbing of the butter over the dough and sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar, we like to create a paste and lather it all on there.
HOW TO MAKE ONE HOUR CINNAMON ROLLS:
- Spray a 9″x9″ baking pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer whisk together flour, sugar, sand and yeast.
- In a small pan on stove heat together your water, milk and butter until butter is melted, once butter is melted let cool to 105-110 degrees.
- One cool add your liquid mixture and egg to your flour mixture and using the dough hook mix for about 3-4 minutes until it comes together and is no longer sticky.
- Heat your oven to the lowest setting (ours is 170).
- Place dough in greased bowl to rest while you make your filling.
- To make your filling mix together your softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon, set aside. Turn off your oven at this time.
- On a floured surface roll your dough out into about a 14″x10″ rectangle, spread your filling over the surface and roll up on the long side.
- Cut your dough into 9 equal slices and place into prepared baking pan.
- Cover with plastic wrap or a dish bowl and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- After they have risen remove from oven and preheat oven to 350.
- Place rolls back in oven and bake for about 20-22 minutes until slightly golden on top.
- Meanwhile to make your glaze in bowl beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth, add in your powdered sugar until incorporated then add in milk 1 Tbs at a time until you reach your desired pouring/spreading consistency.
- Spread over warm rolls and enjoy.
I love how easy this recipe really is, usually for cinnamon rolls you have to wait for 3 hours, but with these One Hour Cinnamon Rolls they literally go quicker and will be ready once everyone is up and at it for the day.
This not only has been my go-to breakfast dish, I have had so many people ask me for the recipe because they didn’t believe that cinnamon rolls could be done in such a short time and still taste amazing.
Well my friends, I’m here to tell you that they sure can!
I have to admit, amazing these are, they are my kids favorite things, and I will have to throw the husbands name out there too because he always enjoys them as well.
So if you want that perfect breakfast recipe that will feed the family and keep everyone satisfied then these One Hour Cinnamon Rolls are what you need!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Serving Size: 1 cinnamon roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 435 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 11g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 68mg Sodium: 288mg Carbohydrates: 58g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 25g Protein: 6g