A little sweet and a little salty these Salted Caramel Blondies are gooey, chewy and full of flavor. The perfect indulgent dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Blondies are one of my weaknesses. Heck, pretty much any dessert is my weakness. Obviously I have a blog dedicated completely to sweets so there is no denying my love.
These Salted Caramel Blondies are seriously sinful, sinfully delicious that is. They are super easy to whip up and bake up nice and chewy and soft.
They have marbled caramel in them and they are topped with flakes of salt that absolutely makes these blondies what they are, decedent.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Caramel sauce
- Sea salt flakes
Blondies are pretty much just white brownies without the chocolate. They are the perfect bar when you want something that has the texture of brownies but have a completely different flavor.
Some of my other favorite bar recipes are:
When it comes to baking, I love to try all different types of recipes. I really don’t hold back on anything. I love making cakes, cheesecakes, cookies, pies, etc. But blondies are by far the easiest and most made in my house.
HOW TO MAKE BLONDIES:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 9″x13″ pan with tin foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together your flour, baking powder and salt, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk together melted butter, and sugars until combined.
- Add in your eggs and vanilla until blended.
- Fold in your dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spread into prepared pan and drizzle with caramel sauce then using knife swirl the sauce through the blondies to create a marble effect.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes until golden and just set, remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Let cool completely before cutting, drizzle with extra caramel sauce and salt if desired (but highly recommended).
My kids love to bake in the oven with me and when we decide to make blondies these are their favorite. We like to spray our hands with a little cooking spray to press the batter into the pan.
There are so many different ways you could mix up these Salted Caramel Blondies such as adding some chocolate, white chocolate or butterscotch chips. I prefer it without chocolate but a lot of people like to add it.
But hands down the salt and caramel go together like peanut butter and chocolate, just a flavor combination that you absolutely cannot turn down.
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- Let your melted butter cool slightly before adding sugars.
- Make homemade caramel sauce instead of using jarred.
- You don’t need to use flaked salt, but sea salt is highly recommended.
- Do not over bake or they will turn dry and not as soft and gooey, let they look slightly underdone and still soft when pressed.
- Do not cut until completely cooled, if you cut while still warm the caramel won’t be set and they will tear apart.
So if you want that perfect late night indulgence, these Salted Caramel Blondies are just what the doctor ordered. They are 100% guaranteed to satisfy your sweet tooth.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Serving Size: 1 blondie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 62mg Sodium: 325mg Carbohydrates: 43g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 28g Protein: 3g