Rich, fluffy and delicious this S’mores Pie is an easy tasty treat that can be whipped quick, kids love it and is so light and airy that you just can’t stop!
My kids love s’mores. That chocolate, marshmallow, graham cracker combination is like the best thing in the world to them. I mean it’s good reason. It took me a long time to enjoy myself a s’mores. I’m not too sure what it was that really kept me away from the s’mores but I’m happy I long got over it.
So let me talk to you about this pie a little bit. We’ve got a graham cracker crust, a chocolate ganache and a whipped marshmallow filling. I mean those are the making of a deliciously epic dessert. Or at least thats how my kids referred to it as.
That fluffy topping is seriously addicting. It’s one of those that you really just can’t and don’t want to stop eating it’s so good. And the rich chocolate ganache that balances out the sweetness. I mean COME ON! This pie is seriously one of our favorite warm weather treats hands down.
WHO INVENTED S’MORES?
This question is unclear. The first mention of S’mores was in a publication with the Girl Scouts in 1927 from a lady named Loretta Scott Crew who make “some mores” for her girl scouts by the fire! So she has since been given credit for the recipe.
HOW DO YOU MAKE S’MORES?
So for those of you who don’t actually know what a S’more is and how to make it I’ll give you the quick run down. You have graham cracker sheets, pieces of Hershey’s chocolate and large marshmallows. You heat the marshmallow over an open fire usually and once it puffs up you place it on one square of graham cracker, top with chocolate and then squish together with another square of graham cracker.
It really is a staple with our family. Even just roasting marshmallows and not technically making S’mores is a hit around here. We love the flavor combination and it will be a loooong time before the tradition ever leaves our house.
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- 1 9 " pre-made graham cracker crust
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 oz cream cheese soft
- 1 7 oz container marshmallow fluff
- 1 Tbs vanilla extract
- 1 8 oz container whipped topping
- Graham cracker crumbs for topping
- In heat safe bowl add your chocolate chips.
- Heat your heavy cream until just simmering and pour over chocolate chips and let sit 5-7 minutes then stir until smooth.
- Pour into bottom of graham cracker crust and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes until set.
- Meanwhile to make the filling in large bowl beat together cream cheese, marshmallow fluff and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in your whipped topping.
- Spread over chocolate in crust and refrigerate about 2-3 hour until set.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs if desired.
PIN IT FOR LATER!