Fresh strawberries, lime juice and zest make these Strawberry Lime Muffins one of the most flavorful recipes that you could imagine.
Strawberry and lime has long been one of my favorite flavor combinations. It’s a refreshing and delicious sweet and sour burst of flavor in each bite. These Strawberry Lime Muffins are the perfect way to wake up in the morning.
This recipe is a quick, easy and fresh breakfast or brunch dish that is perfect for kids and adults alike. Mixing up in under 5 minutes and baking for less than 20 you can have yourself an addicting little treat in less than 30 minutes.
WHATS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A MUFFIN AND A CUPCAKE?
This question has been asked quite frequently. Muffins usually are more dense and are more likely to be filled with fruit where as cupcakes are essentially mini cakes and are light and fluffy.
Muffins can be glazed or topped with a crumb topping and never frosted whereas cupcakes are generally frosted and are a much sweeter flavor.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN INGREDIENTS IN MUFFINS?
Usually muffins are comprised of the same basic ingredients consisting of:
- Baking powder
- Sometimes melted butter
There are many different variations of muffins that you can make like these Strawberry Lime Muffins where you add diced strawberries and some lime zest. Chopped fruit is a really popular method to muffins as well as chocolate chips. The sky is the limit with these favorite breakfast treats.
Growing up my mom used to always make us the basic muffin recipes, banana nut muffins and lemon poppyseed muffins. They were so good that they always held a part of my heart and knew that I had to share one of my favorite muffins recipes with you.
These Strawberry Lime Muffins are perfect to bring to a brunch, picnic, potluck or any kid of get together where you want something low-key but ultimately tasty!!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
Strawberry Lime Muffins
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 2 tsp lime zest
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 2-3 tsp lime zest
- Line a 12 count muffin tin with liners, set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In stand mixer add your flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and whisk to combine.
- In 2 cup measuring cup add your vegetable oil, egg, milk and vanilla and whisk to blend.
- Add in to your flour mixture and mix together until just combined.
- Fold im your strawberries and lime zest.
- Using an ice cream scoop, distribute batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly golden, remove from oven to cool.
- Meanwhile to make your glaze whisk together powdered sugar, lime juice and zest.
- Spoon over cooled muffins or dip tops in glaze (doing this twice).
PIN IT FOR LATER!