An almond spiked sheet cake this White Almond Texas Sheet Cake is a moist and delicious cake with a heavenly poured almond glaze that makes this cake 100% addicting.
Sheet cakes are always one of my favorite cakes ever. I mean I love myself a good layer cake, but gimme a sheet cake and this girl is in heaven.
If you cant see I’m a little addicted to Texas Sheet Cake, you can see it in my Banana Texas Sheet Cake recipe that these cakes are really just utterly my favorite things ever.
I’m addicted to any and all things almond so that is really what sets this sheet cake apart from the rest. Almond extract is in the cake and the poured frosting, once you taste this cake you will never go back.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO YOU NEED?
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Sour cream
- Almond extract
- Powdered sugar
- Sliced almonds
This White Almond Texas Sheet Cake has just the right balance of almond flavoring that makes it the perfect cake to bring to gatherings, serve at potlucks or just because you feel like you want some cake, because that is me half the time.
Some of my other favorite sheet cakes include:
Sheet cakes are really the way to go when it comes to cake baking. Now I love myself a good layer cake, but they take so long to decorate! But I still make them anyways.
With this White Almond Texas Sheet Cake you get an even layer of cake and a little bit of frosting in every single bite. Plus you just pour it in a sheet cake pan and you are good to go, no layering.
HOW TO MAKE TEXAS SHEET CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 15″x10″ baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer mix together flour, sugar, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and water and bring to to a boil until butter is melted then stir into flour mixture.
- Add in your eggs and sour cream and beat until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 18-22 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly.
- Meanwhile to make frosting frosting, combine butter and milk in a large saucepan and bring just to a boil until butter is melted, remove from heat and whisk in powdered sugar and extract.
- Spread over cake and sprinkle with sliced almonds.
See, super simple sheet cake recipe! Hola, seriously though if you have heard of the normal Texas Sheet Cake, you’re going to want to inhale this White Almond version.
Nothing is better. I think of all the cakes that I have tried, this one has to rank up there as one of the best and best flavor but also one of the easiest, and we are all about ease around here!
So if you are looking for that PERFECT cake, this White Almond Texas Sheet Cake is just what you are needing. Don’t hesitate to make this!
If you like this recipe you might also like:
- Texas Almond Sheet Cake Donuts
- Lemon Poppyseed Cake with Blackberry and Almond Buttercream
- Almond Cheesecake Bars
Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 351 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 10g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 59mg Sodium: 262mg Carbohydrates: 47g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 45g Protein: 2g