Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
If you love easy prep and tasty flavor this Chocolate Banana Bread is full of banana and chocolate, and chocolate chips added in. Who can resist?
Servings: 10 slices
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter soft
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup chocolate chips divided
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
In large bowl beat your butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
Beat in bananas and sour cream, blending well.
Fold your dry ingredients into your wet until just combined,
Fold in 3/4 cup chocolate chips until mixed.
Spread batter into prepared pan and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips over top.
Bake for 1 hour 10 minutes, let cool in pan for about 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Use unsweetened cocoa powder, do not use dutch process.
- Use the ripe bananas, if you aren’t going to use ripe bananas or don’t have any on hand, I would recommend adding some banana extract to give it a little more banana flavoring.
- We use semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe, but milk chocolate and dark chocolate work as well, you can also use chocolate chunks.
- Slice some bananas and place on top with chocolate chips for a little pretty contrast.
- Oven times vary, ours took about 1 hour and 10 minutes to cook, but start checking for doneness around the 50-55 minute mark.
- We like to use non-stick spray that has the flour in it to help with the bread coming out of the pan.
Calories: 348kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 66mg | Sodium: 361mg | Potassium: 209mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 37g | Vitamin A: 466IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 56mg | Iron: 1mg