Easy Nutella Cookies
These Easy Nutella Cookies are super fun, flavor dessert that is full of hazelnut, chocolate chunks and sea salt making it the perfect flavor contrast.
Servings: 30 cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup nutella
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Flaked sea salt
n bowl whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, cornstarch and salt, set aside.
In stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment cream together your butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
Add in eggs until combined then add in your Nutella and vanilla.
Slowly add in your dry ingredients until just combined then fold in your chocolate chunks.
Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours (trust me on this).
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Take your cookies out of the refrigerator and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
Grab aout 2 Tbs of your cookie dough and roll into balls and place them at least 2" apart on baking sheet.
Sprinkle/press sea salt onto tops of cookies and bake I oven for 15-18 minutes until just done on the outside but gooey on the inside.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with more sea salt if desired, let cool on pan for 5 minutes before transferring to cooling rack to cool completely.
- Chilling the dough not only enhances the flavor, it helps the cookies from spreading too much and making them flat.
- The dough will be a little crumbly when you pull it out of the fridge, this is why I say to roll into balls instead of scooping, it helps press that dough back together.
- You can use regular chocolate chips for these, dark, semi-sweet or milk if you want. We use the chunks because we love them.
- We used flaked sea salt in this recipe, but you can use any kind of sea salt that you have.
- To keep these cookies soft, store them in an airtight container with a piece of bread, it will help distribute the moisture properly to keep them optimal.
Calories: 191kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 97mg | Potassium: 102mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 113IU | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg