Chocolate Orange Brownies
If you like orange and chocolate you'll adore these Chocolate Orange Brownies, fudge like, filled with nuts and orange flavor they are a delicious and easy dessert.
- 1 1/2 cup unsalted Butter
- 6 oz squares of unsweetened chocolate we use Bakers brand
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 Tbs orange juice concentrate
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1 Tbs orange zest
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk cold - chilled for at least 2 hours or overnight
- 1 tsp orange extract
- 1/4 cup chocolate curls for topping garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 350°.
Line 8 x 8 x 3 baking pan with parchment paper; let edges extend 2"on each side. Spray exposed sides with vegetable spray.
In bowl, microwave butter and chopped unsweetened chocolate squares togheter. Microwave in 20-second increments until melted, stirring in between.
In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Without stirring, add in the sugar, walnuts, orange juice concentrate, and orange zest. Pour chocolate mixture over the top and blend in flour, mix well.
Pour into the prepared pan.
Bake for 40-45 minutes or until sides start to pull away and an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean. (Brownies are very moist, so it will not come out completely clean.)
In large mixing bowl beat butter with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
Slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk and orange extract until thoroughly mixed and thickened.
Spread the frosting over brownies and garnish with chocolate curls and/or orange zest if desired.
Cut into bars for serving. Refrigerate until served or any leftovers.
- You do not need to add nuts in this recipe if you do not want to, or you can add your favorite types of nuts.
- These can be frozen, please see my storage tips above.
- You can double this recipe or make in a larger pan to make them thinner.
- Chocolate curls are easy to make, we just shave them off of a block of chocolate with a vegetable peeler or zester.
- You can add orange zest to the top or not, that is up to you and is not necessary, but pretty.
- We use Bakers brand chocolate in this recipe for the squares.
Calories: 832kcal | Carbohydrates: 77g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 33g | Cholesterol: 195mg | Sodium: 216mg | Potassium: 384mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 59g | Vitamin A: 1403IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 146mg | Iron: 4mg