Easy Rice Pudding
If you want a quick, easy and pantry staple ingredient recipe that is great any time of the day then you need to make a batch of this Easy Rice Pudding.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 cup half & half
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Place the rice, half and half, and salt in a small saucepan, stir to combine.
Place on the stove over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
In a small bowl whisk together the egg, heavy cream, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stirring constantly, stream in the cream mixture into the pan.
Add the sugar and raisins, stir to combine.
Continue to cook, stirring occasionally until thickened, 5-8 minutes. The mixture will continue to thicken as it cools.
Take off the heat and stir in the butter and vanilla. Serve warm or chilled.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more for whomever you are serving.
- You can omit the raisins if you are not a fan of them.
- This recipe can be frozen, see my tips above.
- If you find it a little to liquidy for your taste you can thicken it, see my tips above for that as well.
- This is perfect for breakfast, brunch and dinnertime, there is no specific period of time this recipe belongs to.
- You can doctor this recipe up and make it flavorful any way that you like, this is an easy rice pudding recipe that is a base.
Calories: 479kcal | Carbohydrates: 60g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 25g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 119mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 286mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 25g | Vitamin A: 888IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 103mg | Iron: 1mg