Strawberry Ricotta Cake
Perfectly moist, delicious, flavorful and easy this Strawberry Ricotta Cake is your next must make cake! Full of strawberry flavor and a delicious glaze to top it off!
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 box strawberry cake mix no pudding added
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
Preheat oven to 325 F.
Spray a 10" springform pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
In large bowl beat together with hand mixer ricotta, eggs, extract and oil until combined.
Add in your cake mix and beat until just incorporated.
Slowly add in heavy cream mixing until blended in.
Pour cake mix into prepared pan and bake for about 1 hour or until center is set.
Remove from oven and cool in pan for about 5 minutes then remove edges from pan and cool completely.
Once cooled make your glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk together in bowl.
Pour over cooled cake, top with strawberries, sprinkles or whipped topping if desired.
Cut and serve.
- We like to use a rimmed springform pan. It prevents any leaking, which the cake usually doesn’t do, but you can always wrap your pan in tinfoil before baking or use just a regular springform pan, which we did with this recipe.
- If the cake sinks slightly after baking don't worry, this is the normal process, it will puff up when in the oven and will deflate slightly once cooled.
- Switch up your cake mixes to try different flavors!
- If you want more strawberry flavor, replace 1 tsp of the vanilla extract with 1 tsp of strawberry extract in the cake or in the icing.
- Make sure to cool cake completely before icing, if the cake is too warm the icing will melt off.
- Decorate with strawberries, sprinkles, whipped toping or whatever you like!
Calories: 539kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 112mg | Sodium: 426mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 41g | Vitamin A: 555IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2mg