Classic Cheesecake Recipe
Creamy, thick and delicious this Classic Cheesecake Recipe is the perfect addition to your dessert table with minimal ingredients and is completely addicting.
- 2 cups graham crackers crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 4 8 oz pkgs cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- Cherry pie filling for topping optional
Preheat oven to 325.
Mix together your crust ingredients (graham crackers, sugar and butter) and press into the bottom and up the sides of a 9" springform pan and then set in refrigerator.
In bowl of a stand mixer add your cream cheese and beat until smooth and lumps are gone then add in your sugar slowly until combined.
Next add in your eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. This ensures that they are fully incorporated evenly.
Then add in your vanilla extract and sour cream just mixing until combined.
Wrap pan in heavy duty tin-foil and pour into your prepared crust and place in large roasting dish and fill dish about half way up your springform pan with hot water (the water bath helps the cheesecake from not cracking).
Reduce oven heat to 300 and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes then turn off heat and leave in oven for another hour until center is set.
Remove from oven and place on counter to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for an additional 8 hours.
Once chilled top with cherry pie filling if desired.
- Make sure to add in your eggs one at a time so they are evenly distributed among the batter.
- Make sure you beat that cream cheese really well, I would say no less than 3-4 minutes at the least.
- DO NOT SKIP the water bath! If you cannot find a pan large enough to fit your springform pan in, place a pan filled with water on the rack underneath your cheesecake instead.
- Cool pan completely on countertop before covering and refrigerating, this will help keep it from sweating.
- Want the perfect cut slice of cheesecake? Warm up a knife with hot water, wipe off and then slice cheesecake.
- Want a cheater way to make that crust, we like to use already crushed graham cracker crumbs!
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 16g | Cholesterol: 139mg | Sodium: 345mg | Potassium: 133mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 31g | Vitamin A: 979IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 1mg