Danish Butter Cookies
Love easy and delicious melt in your mouth cookies? These Danish Butter Cookies have only 6 ingredients and are done from start to finish in 30 minutes or less!
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1/2 cup sugar + extra for sprinkling
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
Preheat oven to 350.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
In bowl add your butter and sugar and beat together until light and fluffy.
In same bowl add in salt, vanilla and your egg.
Again, beat until everything is combined and smooth.
Next add in your flour and eat until everything is incorporated and you don't see any streaks of flour.
Add your dough to a large piping bag fitted with a French star or open star tip and pipe onto prepared baking sheet and sprinkle with sugar and bake for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes on pan before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Make sure to either line your baking pan with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Depending what you have on hand for piping tips, use what you can, we use a French star tip because it is easier to get the dough out.
- You can dip half of these cookies in semi-sweet or white chocolate and decorate with sprinkles to give it a little flair.
- These are great as gifts, so go buy those little cookie tins and give them away if you want to make a huge batch!
Calories: 125kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 27mg | Sodium: 119mg | Potassium: 16mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg