Crunchy, flaky and full of flavor these 4 ingredient Cinnamon Twists are a tasty snack that you can munch on all day! Quick to whip up and easier to eat.
- 2 sheets puff pastry thawed
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
Roll out your puff pastry into about a 12"x10" rectangle.
Brush with butter until it is all covered, it doesn't haven't to be thick just make sure it's all covered.
Sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar mixture covering the surface, use your hands to press around and press down slightly.
Fold the pastry in half the short way and roll out slightly to press it together so the cinnamon sugar get's a little more grip.
Brush with more butter, again it doesn't have to be thick just make sure the surface is covered.
Sprinkle with more cinnamon sugar covering the whole surface.
Using a pizza cutter or knife, cut your pastry into about 1" strips, you can do thinner if you want as well.
Twist your strips as tightly as you can.
Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in 400 F oven for about 20 minutes until golden and crispy, remove to wire rack to cool.
- Make sure you use puff pastry sheets, they usually come in a 2 pack, I have accidentally bought the wrong things before and it was not good.
- Do not be shy with your cinnamon sugar layers, the more the better, it only adds to the recipe!
- You can make these Cinnamon Twists on parchment paper, tin foil or a pan sprayed well, you just don't want any of that melted sugar to stick.
- Remove immediately to a cooling rack.
- You can cut these smaller in length if you'd like and you can also make them thinner, we have done both and you just need to adjust the baking time a little, keep your eye on them.
- To make them less crunchy you will just want to pull them out of the oven around 15 minutes instead of 20.
Calories: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 68mg | Potassium: 12mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 59IU | Calcium: 5mg | Iron: 1mg