Lemon Sugar Cookies
If you want the perfect soft, chewy and delicious cookie with just the hint of lemon you have to whip up this batch of Lemon Sugar Cookies. Easy, tasty and addicting.
- 1 cup salted butter softened
- 2 cups sugar + 1/3 cup for rolling
- 1 Tbs lemon zest
- 4 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
In bowl of stand mixer beat together your butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
Add in your lemon zest, lemon juice, egg and vanilla and beat until combined.
In another bowl add your flour and baking soda.
Whisk until this mixture is combined.
Slowly add your flour mixture to your butter and egg mixture.
Once mixture is combined cover and let chill for about 30-45 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat, set aside.
Once chilled roll your dough into about 1 1/2" balls and roll into sugar.
Place on prepared baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes until puffed and edges are just slightly golden.
- Adding lemon zest to the dough really gives it a punch of lemon flavor, I really suggest not skipping this step.
- We add lemon juice to this recipe, the liquid is needed for the texture, but if you want a little more lemon punch add a tsp of lemon extract to amp it up a notch.
- Like stated above if you want a little more lemon flavor, make some lemon sugar (recipe linked above).
- This dough does not need to be chilled, but we do chill ours for about 30-45 minutes because it helps roll the dough and makes the cookies not spread as much so it keeps a light fluffy and chewy texture.
- Use a larger cookie scoop for these, we use about a heaping TBS for each cookie creating about 1 1/2" dough balls.
- You can also use a silicone mat instead of parchment paper to bake these on.
Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 107mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 154IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg