Chocolate, delicious and easy these Chocolate Waffles whip up in minutes and use minimal ingredients and are the perfect breakfast recipe.
Servings: 6 waffles
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Chocolate syrup optional
- Powdered sugar optional
- Diced strawberries optional
Preheat waffle maker on high setting.
In large bowl whisk together your flour, cocoa powder, sugar and baking soars and baking powder until combined.
Whisk in your eggs, oil, buttermilk and vanilla until fully combined.
Using about 1/2 cup measurements, pour your batter on waffle iron for about 3 minutes or until puffed and crispy.
- Nutritional value is calculated before any toppings and include waffle alone.
- You can use any waffle maker you have on hand, we use just a standard round one, but square ones work as well, just test how much batter you will need to use.
- If you want to add some mini chocolate chips for an extra kick of chocolate flavor studded through them, it is amazing!
- Top with whatever toppings that you like, I have listed some above in the post.
- Make sure that you spray your waffle maker each time you add more batter or these will stick.
- You can easily double or halve this recipe depending on the amount of people you are serving.
- This recipe can be frozen, look at the instructions above to see how to do that.
Calories: 357kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 63mg | Sodium: 479mg | Potassium: 271mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 211IU | Calcium: 204mg | Iron: 3mg